With the coming New Year, we all hope for a better year in 2021. With the coronavirus pandemic, economic downturn, wildfires, political and social tensions, 2020 was a difficult year for everyone in some way.
Even with all of the difficult news from this past year, here are some positive things that happened that you may not know or remember:
- A 103-year-old veteran survived COVID-19
- A 102-year-old woman survived the virus TWICE!
- Car companies pivoted to help make ventilators
- Every night, people applauded essential workers (Maybe we should bring this back!)
- 2020 election saw the most voter participation in 120 years
- Africa is now free of Polio
- SpaceX sent American astronauts to the International Space Station
These are just a few of the amazing things that happened in 2020.
Let's look forward to next year with a clear mind. Let's meditate together and make 2021 a better year for everyone!